Rhode Island Seminars & Conferences
Aug 15 @ 11:00 am – 2:15 pm
Prevent and Fix the Unintended Consequences of Gifts
Gifting assets is a useful strategy for qualifying clients for Medicaid. However, all too often those gifts will trigger a transfer penalty period or result in a hefty tax bill that could otherwise have been avoided. Join our experienced faculty for a look at gifting techniques, mistakes, and ways to cure them. You will also learn how to use Medicaid trusts and minimize the impact of capital gains and other taxes in Medicaid gift planning. Build your Medicaid planning knowledge – register today!
- Review key Medicaid eligibility criteria, rules, and gift planning strategies.
- Discover what to do about prior gifts that trigger a disqualification for Medicaid.
- Learn how to incorporate trusts into your Medicaid and tax planning.
- Uncover ways to minimize gift, capital gains, and income taxes.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, wealth managers, life care planners, and paralegals.
- Medicaid Eligibility and Gifting Strategies Refresher
- How to Cure Prior Gifts and Disqualifying Transfers
- Medicaid Trusts: Planning and Tax Considerations, Design, and Funding
- Top Gifting Mistakes Made by Clients and Attorneys
- Capital Gains and Other Tax Planning Techniques