Rhode Island Seminars & Conferences
GET $50 WITH COUPON CODE FSPN50
Enter code at checkout
Understand All the Wealth Planning Options Available to Your Clients
Planning your clients’ financial future and legacy is diverse and complex, with a unique tool for every unique client situation. In this fast-paced comprehensive program, our faculty will guide you through the plethora of trust options and give you a straightforward, incisive analysis of when and how each can be used for maximum effect. Explore the goals, functions, administration hurdles, and tax implications of the top trusts in the practice. Choose the best tool for the job every time – register today!
- Weigh all the pros and cons to select the best trust options for specific client situations.
- Anticipate tax consequences of various trusts.
- Use sample trust language our faculty provide to save drafting time and avoid mistakes.
- Clarify the powers and duties of trustees in different trusts.
- Compare living and testamentary trusts for straightforward estate planning.
- Distinguish between accounting and taxable income and learn how trust income tax is reported.
- Understand how recent tax laws changed the practice of marital trusts and learn when they are still useful.
- Review common ethical missteps that can cost you your license – and how to avoid them.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for the professionals involved in creating and administering trusts:
- Accountants and CPAs
- Trust Officers
- Tax Managers
- Wealth Managers
- What are Trusts? Main Trust Principles
- Simple Testamentary Trusts and Revocable Living Trusts
- Tax Reduction with Trusts
- Grantor Trusts
- Marital Trusts in a Nutshell
- Other Trust Structures and Issues
- Special Needs Trusts (SNTs)
- Legal Ethics
Effectively Prepare Your Clients for Medicaid Eligibility
Are you confident you’re utilizing all the transfer techniques that can help your clients protect assets while qualifying for Medicaid? This practical guide will give you the knowledge and skills you’ll need to help clients comply with lookback requirements and income and resource criteria. From simple approaches like gifting to the more complex Medicaid trusts – learn what works and get sample documents to ensure all your approaches are implemented impeccably. Register today!
- Clarify Medicaid resource and transfer eligibility and find out what techniques work best.
- Save drafting time with sample Medicaid trust provisions.
- Learn what can be done when long-term care need is imminent.
- Tackle interstate issues without jeopardizing eligibility.
Who Should Attend
This Medicaid legal guide is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants and paralegals.
- Medicaid: Resource and Transfer Eligibility
- Strategic Use of Medicaid Trusts
- Maximizing Pre-Need Asset Planning Techniques
- What to do When the Need for Medicaid is Immediate
Prevent and Fix the Unintended Consequences of Gifts
Gifting assets is a useful strategy for qualifying clients for Medicaid. However, all too often those gifts will trigger a transfer penalty period or result in a hefty tax bill that could otherwise have been avoided. Join our experienced faculty for a look at gifting techniques, mistakes, and ways to cure them. You will also learn how to use Medicaid trusts and minimize the impact of capital gains and other taxes in Medicaid gift planning. Build your Medicaid planning knowledge – register today!
- Review key Medicaid eligibility criteria, rules, and gift planning strategies.
- Discover what to do about prior gifts that trigger a disqualification for Medicaid.
- Learn how to incorporate trusts into your Medicaid and tax planning.
- Uncover ways to minimize gift, capital gains, and income taxes.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, wealth managers, life care planners, and paralegals.
- Medicaid Eligibility and Gifting Strategies Refresher
- How to Cure Prior Gifts and Disqualifying Transfers
- Medicaid Trusts: Planning and Tax Considerations, Design, and Funding
- Top Gifting Mistakes Made by Clients and Attorneys
- Capital Gains and Other Tax Planning Techniques