Legal and Advisory Services Offered
For more details click a headline (below) to expand each service.
Pre-Planning for either
- Probate Avoidance
- Tax Avoidance
- Medicaid Qualification
Learn about medicaid Pre-Planning...
- Asset Protection
- Asset Transfer
- Proper Asset Spend-Down
- Correcting Prior Disqualifying Transfers
Learn about Emergency Planning for Medicaid Qualification...
- Preservation of Assets
- Transfer of Assets between spouses
- Testamentary Trust Preparation
Learn about Emergency Estate Planning for Community Spouse...
- Review of Application and Pre-Application
- Assistance with filing requirements and documentation
- Filing of Application on behalf of client with DHS
Learn about Medicaid Application...
- Filing of appeal of wrongful denial of Medicaid benefits with DHS Appeals Office
- Negotiate and implement corrective measures to obtain approval
- Attend hearings to argue why Medicaid application should be approved
- Assist with Superior Court Appeals
Learn about Medicaid Appeals...
- Minors and adults when Powers of Attorney are not available
- Estate Administration:
- Petition for Probate of a Will
- Petition for Informal Estate
- Petition for No Asset Estate
- Petition to Administer (No Will)
Learn about Probate Court Matters...
- Trustee Services
- Advise and Manage Trust Assets in accordance with Trust instructions
Learn about Trust and Estate Administration...
- Manage and pay household bills and record keeping
- Check writing and checkbook balancing
- Confirm accuracy of vendor/nursing facility bills
- Confirm Income received and deposited
- Income Tax planning and preparation
- Income Tax, Trust and Gift Tax returns prepared and filed
- Reporting of payments to caregivers and household help
Learn about Financial and Bookkeeping Services...
- Representing families and individuals in Probate Court for both contested and non-contested matters.
- Contested Guardianship
- Probate Estates with Creditor Claims
- Will Contests
- Ancillary Probate Administration
- Superior Court Appeals
- Trust and Beneficiary litigation
Learn about Litigation...
Matt Leonard has received a peer review rating of 5.0 on a scale of 5.0 and has been endorsed for Ethical Standing, as reported by Martindale-Hubbell, an independent attorney evaluating company. Matt earned the 5.0 rating in all measured categories which included: Legal Knowledge, Analytical Capabilities, Judgment, Communication Ability and Legal Experience. The Areas of Practice that the criteria applied to included Estate Planning. Martindale-Hubbell has been the world’s leading source of information for the legal profession for more than 140 years. Its flagship products Lawyers.com and martindale.com, are the most complete sources of information on lawyers available anywhere.
In addition to his accomplishments advising clients, Matt Leonard has been recognized in his larger community and received the following awards:
THE WOMEN’S RESOURCE CENTER OF RHODE ISLAND: 2012 MEN WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AWARD RECIPIENT
This award recognized men in the community who serve as positive examples of the difference men can make in the lives of women and children in their community. The Women’s Resource Center of Rhode Island is a domestic violence prevention group that serves through the empowerment of individuals and the community by providing advocacy, education and support services.
PROVIDENCE COLLEGE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION: 2014 MAL BROWN AWARD
The Alumni Associations highest accolade given to the alumni whose life has exemplified the love and loyalty for Providence College and its community.
Mr. Leonard has volunteered his time and services with the Providence College Alumni Association, The Greater Providence YMCA and as a coach for St. Luke’s CYO basketball and Barrington Youth Soccer Association.