Provide Your Clients with the Full Spectrum of Trust Options
When assessing complex information, it often helps to break items into basic building blocks. The same approach can be successful when dealing with trusts. Be prepared for specific challenges associated with various types of trusts by understanding their unique characteristics. Our intensive full-day primer will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the wide variety of trusts available. Register today!
- Learn what not to do when selecting and drafting a trust to avoid common mistakes.
- Learn how to choose the most beneficial vehicle for preserving your client’s wealth: understand the purpose behind the various types of trusts.
- Save money on taxes with effective use of trusts.
- Determine whether a client qualifies as a beneficiary of a special needs trust.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel – modify our sample trust documents and use our drafting tips to create airtight trusts.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Matthew J. Leonard and Meghan E. McCulloch on January 14, 2020. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, tax professionals, trust officers, and paralegals.
- Trust Overview: Legislative Update, Key Parties, Terms and More
- The Trust Lifecycle: Procedures and Pitfalls
- Revocable Living Trusts: Drafting, Operation and Termination
- Using Trusts to Reduce Taxes
- Grantor Trusts: Drafting, Operation and Termination
- Special Needs Trusts in a Nutshell
- Ethical Considerations