801 Greenwich Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
Make Certain Your Clients’ Long Term Care Needs Are Met
The requirements for Medicaid eligibility are strict, and protective planning is tricky. How does your understanding of Medicaid planning stack up? Join us at this focused seminar to get the answers you need about this complex area of practice. Register today!
- Learn to effectively use trusts to plan for Medicaid without interfering with the overall estate plan.
- Establish exactly what limitations are placed on asset transfers.
- Determine which assets are countable and how they can be converted.
- Learn what the income eligibility requirements are.
- Protect your clients’ interests by knowing what’s exempt and what’s not.
- Deepen your knowledge of transfer penalty provisions.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level program addresses key questions involved in elder planning and is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, estate and financial planners, life care planners, and paralegals.
- Penalty Period for Improper Transfers
- Asset Conversion From Non-Exempt to Exempt
- The Lookback Period and Qualifying Asset Transfers Rule
- Irrevocable Trusts in Medicaid Planning
- Legal Ethics
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 7.00 *
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 7.00
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 7.00 *
* denotes specialty credits