This program is an audio webinar.
scheduled by time zone:
Eastern: 11:00 AM – 2:15 PM
Central: 10:00 AM – 1:15 PM
Mountain: 9:00 AM – 12:15 PM
Pacific: 8:00 AM – 11:15 AM
Don’t Let Your Wealth Planning Practices Harm Your Client
Medicaid eligibility and estate recovery rules are complicated, and it’s not always clear what impact planning techniques may have on a client’s benefits and interests in the long run. In this legal program, our knowledgeable faculty will teach you how various trusts and other planning tools impact Medicaid eligibility and estate recovery so you can confidently safeguard your client’s assets without fear of accidentally disqualifying them for Medicaid or putting their assets at risk of recovery. Register today!
- Know the eligibility requirements for Medicaid – and which services and assets are subject to estate recovery.
- Learn how you can capitalize on the benefits of revocable trusts – and other trusts – without interfering with your client’s Medicaid eligibility.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of gifting, life insurance and other alternatives to trusts in wealth planning.
Who Should Attend
This essential program is for attorneys. Accountants, financial planners, nursing home administrators, trust administrators/officers, and paralegals may also benefit.
- Who is Eligible for Medicaid?
- Revocable vs. Irrevocable Trust Considerations
- How Revocable Trusts Can Interfere with Medicaid Eligibility
- Income-Only Trusts in Medicaid Planning
- Special Needs Trusts
- Medicaid Estate Recovery Summary and Trust Recoverability